Why use a waterjet?
Waterjet can cut almost any material including hardened tool steels, stainless steel, aluminum, granite, copper, rubber, brass, plastic, foam, etc. Its short turnaround time, no tooling, and easy set up is ideal for prototypes and quick turnaround jobs.
- Waterjet cutting has no heat affected zone, which eliminates warpage and does not alter the base material hardness or heat treat.
- The cutting envelope of our 5-axis waterjet head is 4’9 x 9’9 and up to 1” thick. Thicker but smaller pieces can also be processed.
- Tolerances held: Positioning within .006”. Repeatability with in .002”
- Usually requires no tooling, resulting in a near net shape which may not require secondary machining.
- DXF files accepted, or we can program from your drawing or sketch.
This brand-new technology allows taper elimination for a more true cut.
It provides bevel cutting +/- 60 degrees in any direction.
There is currently capacity on most workdays, allowing for quick turnaround.